Call For Papers
The 10th International Conference on GeoComputation will be held at the University of New South Wales, Australia, from 30 Nov to 02 Dec 2009.
The conference web site is at http://www.biodiverse.unsw.edu.au/geocomputation/index.html
Contributions are invited on all themes in the field of geocomputation and should describe original and unpublished research. Reports of innovative geocomputational applications in ecological, environmental, geographical, health, socioeconomic and urban studies as well as in new problem domains are also welcome.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- new geocomputational algorithms and architectures
- spatio-temporal data mining and knowledge discovery
- evolutionary computing for spatial applications
- geographical visualisation and geovisual analytics
- geostatistics and spatial simulation
- agent-based spatial modelling
- cellular automata spatial modelling
- neural networks and fuzzy modelling
- spatial network modelling and topological analysis
- temporal modelling
- location-based services
- spatial sensors
- accuracy and uncertainty of geocomputational models
- applications in environmental and ecological modelling
- applications in health and medical informatics
- applications in urban studies, criminology and transportation modelling
Contributors are invited to submit extended abstracts, which will be reviewed for inclusion in the conference program. See submission details for more information.
The abstracts should be sent as either Word documents or pdf files to
Files larger than 1Mb should be sent as zipped archives. The submission deadline is 14 July 2009.
Authors will be notified of acceptance/rejection by the end of August 2009.
Any questions regarding the submission and publication process should be addressed to
Accepted abstracts will be published in the digital conference proceedings on the condition that at least one of the authors registers for the conference before the deadline for early registration.
Any help promoting the conference would be greatly appreciated, so please forward this CFP to your colleagues. Thank you.